ToMarket connects local purveyors and chefs with an easy app.
ToMarket’s online platform connects purveyors to chefs with tools that put communication, ordering, and marketing all in one place.
Vendors have a real-time calendar view of their orders, consolidated messaging, and simple management of their sales reps’ personal app. They can accept connection requests from potential buyers, organize them by product list and delivery schedule, and instantly integrate that information into their preferred invoicing software. They can also tell their story through their own profile page!
Chefs use our app for ordering, to get notifications of new products and purveyors, consolidate messaging, and to receive reminders of order deadlines. They can access our network of Vendors by a simple search and connection request, set up recurring orders, and stay on top of everything with an easy messaging feature so they can make sure everyone is on the same page.
We’re here to build tools to empower artisans and chefs with the tools to keep their hands, head, and heart in the food because growing great food is better together.
Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for establishing a sales procedure, closing enterprise accounts, training the sales team (the curators), and managing their success. The Head of Sales postition creates a vision for their team and ensures their effectiveness by organizing analytics, improving processes and meeting and exceeding growth goals. The position creates an environment of unified vision between vendor and ToMarket and acts as an advocate to spread vendors’ sales strategy throughout their individual market. The Director, Sales has expert knowledge of the business, industry, and is able to leverage ToMarket’s strengths to build relationships and grow our network.
ToMarket’s Curator Team is dedicated to improving Vendor productivity and revenue potential by utilizing the best Food-Tech online ordering platform. We are looking for sales professionals who are passionate about how food gets from the dirt to the diner and want to feel good about the products they sell. We work in a high-adrenaline, client-facing sales role requiring deep industry expertise, tried sales ability with a particular penchant for closing deals, and a broad base of industry contacts.
We sell our core products to Vendors (Growers, Artisans and Distributors) whose businesses are not on the ToMarket network. You will be joining a team solely focused on identifying and closing new business within a named territory. You understand and anticipate how decisions are made, and you will persistently explore and uncover the business needs of your key clients. You will be responsible for assisting Vendors in training their Buyers on how to order and communicate through the ToMarket App. ToMarket Curators act as business leaders, handle and own their book of business/territory, run business meetings with Vendors, and complete sales cycles based on varying needs.
- Drive sales, aggressively expand the customer base and generate net new revenue
- Build a pipeline of leads through direct outreach to prospects
- Lead client presentations to a range of titles from Sales Managers to C-level Executives, including information discovery sessions, product demonstrations and proposals
- Engage with prospects to understand their unique and specific pain points and produce compelling business cases to meet their needs
- Enforce and improve our scalable sales process from prospecting/demand generation through contract execution
- Become an expert in making the pitch, complete product demos, create customized proposals and complete follow up activities to manage all deals through to qualification, evaluation, and close stages of sales process
- Provide coaching and drive development of Account Executive (AE) team to deliver team sales goals
- Be a strong “Closer” closing your own deals and coaching and assisting AE’s in closing deals
- Leverage CRM data to construct, forecast, and manage sales activity and drive pipeline to meet revenue targets and company goals
- Collaborate with marketing, other sales team members, and leadership to create new and creative selling techniques, process improvements and ideas to accelerate sales growth
- Fully understand the needs of the customers and the solutions of the product communicating each back and forth from the customers to the product team creating the perfect solution.
- Bring your skills and your customers’ experience to continually evolve the sales process and our product for enabling it
- Anticipate 30-50% travel depending on the local market
- Restaurant Industry and network highly preferred,
- Startup DNA. You are excited and motivated to join a high growth venture-backed company to see immediately how your hard work impacts the company’s bottom line
- Ambitious, tenacious, and results-driven
- High EQ, speaks the industry language respectfully, and understands restaurant industry hours and seasonality in terms of the sales cycle
- Proactive and able to perform well under pressure and with ambitious goals and deadlines
- Skilled at presenting new perspectives to customers that reframe and challenge the way they view their business
- Has said “Behind you” while in a crowd at least once
- Keenly tracks economic and industry drivers and understands its implications on the Production and Distribution business, including identifying new business opportunities
- Knowledgeable about restaurants and is able to demonstrate this to talk about customer issues from multiple dimensions
- Aptitude for gathering and using data to inform decision-making and persuade others
- Strong tech competency and overall technically savvy
- Killer karaoke pitch preferred but not mandatory. High volume a must!
- Capacity to grasp and learn complex concepts quickly and independently
Benefits and perks
- Competitive base salary, uncapped variable compensation, and equity in our high growth SaaS company
- 2 weeks of mandatory paid vacation
- 1 additional week of paid domestic restaurant research
- Birthday off, parental, sick, and grievance leave
- Research budget for local purveyors and restaurants
- 4x8hr work week, with occasional farmers market
- Flexible hours
- Insurance stipend
- Miles and phone expensed
- Support for local food initiatives
No one gets in the food industry because they’re passionate about the paperwork.
If you’re passionate about the process, and want to help others keep their mind in the food and out of the office, shoot us your resume.