Hop in friend. We’re saving the food industry.
Restaurants and their purveyors are gasping for air. ToMarket’s online platform connects food/bev purveyors to chefs with tools that put communication, ordering, and marketing all in one place. Turning scattered product lists into orders into business. We’re bringing the best in every food city ToMarket because growing great food is better together.
Vendors have a real-time calendar view of their orders, consolidated messaging, and simple management of their sales reps’ personal app. They can accept connection requests from potential buyers, organize them by product list and delivery schedule, and instantly integrate that information into their preferred invoicing software. They can also tell their story through their own profile page!
Chefs use our app for consolidating their ordering and messaging, notify them of new products and purveyors, and to receive reminders of order deadlines. They can access our network of Vendors by a simple search and connection request, set up recurring orders, and stay on top of everything with an easy messaging feature to make sure everyone is on the same page.
We’re here to build tools to empower farmers, butchers, bakers, chefs, and artisans of all types with the tools to keep their hands, head, and heart in the food because growing great food is better together.
Lead Developer Developer duties include:
- Test-Driven Development – Write tests and perform code reviews to ensure that we’re shipping reliable, readable, and reusable code
- Agile development process- We’re here to make our platform work for our users
- Documentation – creating documents that help users of the platform perform tasks
- Experience with Slack, Jira, Github
- API development and maintenance for both internal and external API’s
- Embrace and uphold ToMarket’s Core Values: Authentic, Goal-driven, Communicative, and Empathetic
- Work with a cross-functional team to design and develop new features that will be used by millions of users
- Stay abreast of the ever-changing technology landscape to identify the best tools and technologies for the problems we’re solving
*Nice to have:
- Building APIs for internal or external applications
- Experience mentoring teammates
- Scrum/Agile development
- Experience working with nearshore teammates.
Benefits and perks
- Competitive Pay
- 2 weeks of mandatory paid vacation
- 1 additional week of paid domestic restaurant research
- Birthday off, parental, sick, and grievance leave
- Research budget for local purveyors and restaurants
- Flexible hours and weekends off
- Insurance stipend
- Miles and phone expensed
- Support for local food initiatives
This Lead Developer is expected to work remotely as a part of the team and maintain presence and communication during business hours using email and Slack. As a remote-first company, ToMarket prioritizes communication and flexibility for its team, with an expectation that each team member is self-motivated and willing to be communicative.
Work hours are completed from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday through Thursday Mountain Standard Time (except on nationally recognized US holidays). Flexibility for these hours is available provided all tasks are being completed on the previously agreed timeline. As a Lead Developer there will be off and weekend hours emergencies that will be handled quickly and efficiently. We want your family time to be just that, but being a start-up there are potential issues that will need to be addressed. But the more you put in the more you’ll be compensated.
**Salary Negotiable based on experience and equity compensation.*